We have noticed that after the last update Windows 10 1909 build 18363.592 of the windows 10 few users are complaining about the search function not working properly or it’s showing a blank window.
After trying various attempts by rebuilding the index, SFC /scannow, DISM Restore, and creating a new local user account nothing works and finally we found a fix that is restoring the blank window issue.
Steps to Rectify the Error
- 1. Open Regedit and scroll to below:
- 2. Right-click the Search icon and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
Name the new value
- 3. Open the new BingSearchEnabled value properties dialog. The number in the “Value data” box should already be “0” – if its zero (0) Click OK to continue.
- 4. You will also find CortanaConsent under BingSerachEnable, Also set the value of CortanaConsent to “0” – if you don’t find CortanaConsent, Create it following the same step as we created BingSearchEnabaled.
- 5. Restart your computer or Explorer.exe it will fix the issue.